Friday 7 February 2014

Candid camera

From time to time I mention the dead fly problem with lentils, a problem which has been absent for a while but which surfaced again yesterday, in a packet of Ontarian red lentils from Waitrose, slightly past their sell by date. Which I know, clearly having had a premonition, because on this occasion I preserved the bag when tipping the contents into the anonymous lentil jar.

The dish illustrated was originally confected on Wednesday, mainly from red lentils and white rice, on which occasion not a dead fly to be seen. But reheating the penultimate portion in the micowave for yesterday's supper, the dead flies emerged.

Out with the Lumia, with this result. I have still to learn how to tell it to do close ups but, notwithstanding, a dead fly is caught in the act, just above the red lump (tomato). Click to enlarge for the full monty.

I have tried customer services at both Tesco's and Sainsbury's to be politely fobbed off in one way or another, only getting my 72p or whatever refunded for my trouble. So shall I trouble to trouble the large new customer service desk at Waitrose? Would a busy Saturday be a better time to try than a quiet Monday?

PS: picking up yesterday's post about colours, the confection's container was a green Berylware soup bowl, not a blue one. The other colours are better. Do not be confused by http://www.berylware.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment